did you look at the conflicts when you integrate the changes?

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sat Nov 5 15:14:51 UTC 2005

Hi cees

I have the impression that some of the changes that are in 6696 have
been lost when loading
6702. Have you done a merge and not a load then did you look at the
conflicts?

Because it seems that we lost for example call to basicCompile: code
notifying: requestor trailer: bytes ifFail: failBlock
I do not understand why we would have lost this method since it was
also invoked in two places.
I do not like that... you see integrating is not something easy and I
would like someone to do it.

Stef

compile: code notifying: requestor
     "Compile the argument, code, as source code in the context of the
     receiver and insEtall the result in the receiver's method
dictionary. The
     second argument, requestor, is to be notified if an error
occurs. The
     argument code is either a string or an object that converts to a
string or
     a PositionableStream. This method also saves the source code."

     | methodAndNode |
     methodAndNode _ self
         basicCompile: code "a Text"
         notifying: requestor
         trailer: self defaultMethodTrailer
         ifFail: [^nil].
     methodAndNode method putSource: code fromParseNode:
methodAndNode node inFile: 2
             withPreamble: [:f | f cr; nextPut: $!; nextChunkPut:
'Behavior method'; cr].
     self addSelector: methodAndNode selector withMethod:
methodAndNode method notifying: requestor.
     ^ methodAndNode selector

compile: text classified: category withStamp: changeStamp notifying:
requestor logSource: logSource
     | methodAndNode |
     methodAndNode _ self basicCompile: text asString notifying:
requestor
                             trailer: self defaultMethodTrailer
ifFail: [^nil].
     logSource ifTrue: [
         self logMethodSource: text forMethodWithNode: methodAndNode
             inCategory: category withStamp: changeStamp notifying:
requestor.
     ].
     self addAndClassifySelector: methodAndNode selector withMethod:
methodAndNode
         method inProtocol: category notifying: requestor.
     self theNonMetaClass noteCompilationOf: methodAndNode selector
meta: self isMeta.
     ^ methodAndNode selector