[V3dot9] Re: Where is the latest version of SM loader

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at univ-savoie.fr
Sun Oct 15 08:59:19 UTC 2006

I mean that we decided long time ago that we should be able to
recreate (ideally)
the image even if some servers are dead or people join python, ruby.....

> You mean all code for all packages that are included in the official
> image (basic, full or whatever we call it these days)?
>
>> I looked into the inbox, the
>> SqueakMap on the source foundation on squeakSource
>> and I could not find it.
>
> That is probably because all SqueakMap MCs are currently hosted at:
> http://squeak.krampe.se

OK I will then copy the latest version in the foundationsource.

>> I could just fix the image by clicking on the widgets but this is not
>> the right way to do it because
>> we should be able to automate everything and be able to get all the
>> code that went into a version in one place.
>>
>> Stef
>
> I sympathize with that but exactly what do you want? Do you wish
> for me
> to move SqueakMap hosting to source.squeakfoundation.org? If you
> are in
> a hurry then I suggest you just copy the MCs you want to have from
> http://squeak.krampe.se

No I just need to know where is your stream and I copy the latest one.

> Personally I have been wary of hosting on SqueakSource since the
> servers
> seem to be going up and down quite a bit so I have kept mine under my
> "trusty" apache.

Sure
For OB and other we do the same. We copy what the people push at us

> Also - upgrading packages that are published through SM (as opposed to
> those only available from MC repos - like packages on Squeaksource
> that
> are NOT on SM) should IMHO also try to maintain the state about what
> releases that are installed (that SM does internally - and which
> normally only is maintained correctly if releases are installed
> using SM
> itself).

You lost me :)

> Or in other words: if you install a new version of the SqueakMap2
> Package Loader *directly* using Monticello instead of SM - then the
> loader will still show that the old version is installed - unless you
> manually also execute a oneliner that tells SM which version is
> installed:
>
> 	SMSqueakMap default noteInstalledPackageNamed: 'SqueakMap2 loader'
> autoVersion: '10'

Great!
normally we have a script that we run after loading package so this
invocation will be included in the
next one then.

Thanks