[V3dot9] Re: Where is the latest version of SM loader

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Sun Oct 15 08:41:00 UTC 2006

Hi!

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane_Ducasse?= <stephane.ducasse at univ-savoie.fr>
wrote:
> Hi goran
>
> I would like to include in RC2 the latest version of SM 2 Loader and
> we have as policy that all the code should be
> hosted under the source foundation.

You mean all code for all packages that are included in the official
image (basic, full or whatever we call it these days)?

> I looked into the inbox, the
> SqueakMap on the source foundation on squeakSource
> and I could not find it.

That is probably because all SqueakMap MCs are currently hosted at:
http://squeak.krampe.se

> I could just fix the image by clicking on the widgets but this is not
> the right way to do it because
> we should be able to automate everything and be able to get all the
> code that went into a version in one place.
>
> Stef

I sympathize with that but exactly what do you want? Do you wish for me
to move SqueakMap hosting to source.squeakfoundation.org? If you are in
a hurry then I suggest you just copy the MCs you want to have from
http://squeak.krampe.se

Personally I have been wary of hosting on SqueakSource since the servers
seem to be going up and down quite a bit so I have kept mine under my
"trusty" apache.

Also - upgrading packages that are published through SM (as opposed to
those only available from MC repos - like packages on Squeaksource that
are NOT on SM) should IMHO also try to maintain the state about what
releases that are installed (that SM does internally - and which
normally only is maintained correctly if releases are installed using SM
itself).

Or in other words: if you install a new version of the SqueakMap2
Package Loader *directly* using Monticello instead of SM - then the
loader will still show that the old version is installed - unless you
manually also execute a oneliner that tells SM which version is
installed:

	SMSqueakMap default noteInstalledPackageNamed: 'SqueakMap2 loader'
autoVersion: '10'

regards, Göran