[V3dot9] again garbled changeset....

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Mon Sep 11 08:16:42 UTC 2006

Hi,

The changeset bug seems to be hard to kill... it's again there in
7057. I think the problem is
this:

resetCurrentToNewUnnamedChangeSet
	current := self new.
	self newChanges: current

problem: "new" is implemented as:

new
	"All current changeSets must be registered in the AllChangeSets
collection.
	Due to a quirk of history, this is maintained as class variable of
ChangeSorter."

	^ self basicNewChangeSet: ChangeSet defaultName

"Changeset defaultName" now returns 'Unamed1', not 'Unamed', as it
wants to
make a new name:

defaultName
	^ self uniqueNameLike: 'Unnamed' translated

Which means, we need to change the code to be

resetCurrentToNewUnnamedChangeSet
	current := self basicNewNamed: 'Unamed'.
	self newChanges: current

I hope. All this changeset and filout related code is horrible and
should be thrown away.

      Marcus