[Vm-beginners] Problems while compiling CogVM

Lucas Mat lucas.matw at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 18:52:43 UTC 2012

I could compile on my 32bits Linux by adding some parameters (-lm -ldl
-lpthread) by hand at the end of: /build/CMakeFiles/CogVM.dir/link.txt
after running cmake.

Those were also added through code:

    CogUnixConfig >> setExtraTargetProperties: maker

maker setTargetProperties: 'LINK_FLAGS "-lm -ldl -lpthread -m32"'.

This adds the parameters at the start of the command on link.txt
(/usr/bin/gcc -lm -ldl ...), but for some reason, it does not work. I have
to add those manually at the end of the command.

At first I was using CogUnixNoGLConfig and got the same error that
Guillermo points out here:
http://forum.world.st/Error-while-compiling-td4290532.html

With CogUnixConfig seems to work fine :) (after installing the libs
mentioned on the guide).

As for the versions of CMakeVMMaker, VMMaker, ConfigurationOfCog and
blessed, should be those from the guide (
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com/2011/04/10/building-the-vm-from-scratch-using-git-and-cmakevmmaker/
)

The code is still on my workspace:

Gofer new
squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
package: 'ConfigurationOfCog';
load.
((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfCog) project version: '1.5') load.

Gofer new
squeaksource: 'VMMaker';
package: 'CMakeVMMaker';
version: 'CMakeVMMaker-MarianoMartinezPeck.83';
load.