[Vm-beginners] Problems while compiling CogVM

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 20:24:06 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 8:52 PM, Lucas Mat <lucas.matw at gmail.com> wrote:

> I could compile on my 32bits Linux by adding some parameters (-lm -ldl
> -lpthread) by hand at the end of: /build/CMakeFiles/CogVM.dir/link.txt
> after running cmake.
>
> Those were also added through code:
>
>     CogUnixConfig >> setExtraTargetProperties: maker
>
> maker setTargetProperties: 'LINK_FLAGS "-lm -ldl -lpthread -m32"'.
>
> This adds the parameters at the start of the command on link.txt
> (/usr/bin/gcc -lm -ldl ...), but for some reason, it does not work. I have
> to add those manually at the end of the command.
>
> At first I was using CogUnixNoGLConfig and got the same error that
> Guillermo points out here:
> http://forum.world.st/Error-while-compiling-td4290532.html
>
> With CogUnixConfig seems to work fine :) (after installing the libs
> mentioned on the guide).

Hi Lucas. There is something I didn't understand. That error you had
(/usr/bin/gcc
-lm -ldl ... ) was only with the CogUnixNoGLConfig ?
I mean, if you use CogUnixConfig then it directly works and you don't need
to change anything?

> As for the versions of CMakeVMMaker, VMMaker, ConfigurationOfCog and
> blessed, should be those from the guide (
> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com/2011/04/10/building-the-vm-from-scratch-using-git-and-cmakevmmaker/
> )

Excellent. Because it is *really* important that you download the exact
version I say of everything hahhaaha :)

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com