Scroll events

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Mar 18 22:27:18 UTC 2005

Hi John,

> MMm if you pass up the unicode in the keychar event as another field
> then you'll reduce the amount  of extra smalltalk code we'll need to  run.

Yes, we can do this but if we do then we cannot easily drop the MacRoman
support. But I'm fine with this solution if you prefer it.

Proposal: We add a "utf32Code" field to the sqKeyboardEvent that VMs are
supposed to fill in if they support extended input services, zero if
not. Everyone agree on this?

> I still think on the keydown/up I will need to pass up the unicode and
> the raw keyboard code, so that you can figure out that unicode=function
> key and rawkey = 90 implies F1 on the mac.

We really should be able to make that distinction by looking at the
keyDown exclusively. What's so hard about it? It seems that both Win &
*nix have trivial ways of giving us the information so it seems to me
that the Mac ought to be able to give us that information too, shouldn't it?

Cheers,
   - Andreas