[Vm-dev] Don't have vm-display-X11.so at the end

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Feb 15 12:16:38 UTC 2007

On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 11:33:46AM +0100, Damien Cassou wrote:
> On Feb 15, 2007, at 11:30 AM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> >On Feb 15, 2007, at 10:00 , Damien Cassou wrote:
> >>I can't manage to properly compile squeak on my current
> >>architecture. At the end, the file vm-display-x11.so is missing:
> >>
> >>*** Warning: libtool could not satisfy all declared inter-library
> >>*** dependencies of module vm-display-X11.
> >
> >Looks like some library is missing on your system. Can you find out
> >which?
>
> How can I find what is missing ?

You are missing the X development libraries (not the runtime libraries).
This will be in some optional package in your Linux distribution.
When this is missing, the configure script in your VM build will
notice this, and assume that you just wanted to build a VM without
this feature, which is exactly what happened.

Be sure to run configure again after you have istalled the development
libraries.