[Vm-dev] Re: New Win32 VM [m17n testers needed]
andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sun Jun 3 21:32:55 UTC 2007
Martin v. Löwis wrote:
>> Hm ... there isn't any easy way to test this I guess?
> It's actually very easy.
> 1. Create a text file.
> 2. rename it to some Cyrillic (or Japanese, or whatever) name
> 3. Open it in the listing
> To rename it, the easiest way is to start up charmap.exe,
> select a few "funny" characters, copy them to the clipboard,
> and past them in explorer into the file name.
Ah great. Indeed, there is a series of steps you need to take to make it
1) You need to fix LanguageEnvironment class defaultFileNameConverter
(make it return UTF8TextConverter new)
2) You need to load a TTF font with the glyphs. For this you need:
* Load the TTF loading fixes that Christos posted
* Drag and drop a TTF font with the right glyphs on Squeak (Arial
3) Make this font the default font for text and lists.
Once you got all of this the file list shows the correct names.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 29342 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/vm-dev/attachments/20070603/082fa04c/Filelist-0001.gif
More information about the Vm-dev