[Vm-dev] How to build OSProcess plugin

Mathieu Suen mathk.sue at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 18:06:52 UTC 2008

So I am able to build a  carbon VM from XCode.
But where is the best place to put the *.xcodeproj from the plugin?

For UnixOSProcessPlugin I was able to build the bundle. I have a
directory UnixOSProcessPlugin.bundle
in the Release directory.
AFAIK the finder should not let me see the UnixOSProcessPlugin.bundle
as a plain directory but more like a package?

For UnixOSProcessPlugin I need to fix a lot of things:
  - Version of Gcc was 3.3 I have to fix it with 4.0.
  - All the source path had  root directory set to somethings
like ../../Document/Squeak3.8/etc..
  - the file InfoPlist.strings is missing

Ok then now how do I include the bundle to the squeak VM?
I know I could copy past to the Resource directory of the VM but is
there a way to include it in the VM project?

Thanks

On Jan 25, 2008, at 6:23 PM, John M McIntosh wrote:

> I think first you should build a macintosh carbon VM using the
> readme in the  mac os/vm/Documentation  folder
> There is a bunch of preliminary work/setup/fixes to Apple's sdks to
> do before you can get to the OSProcessPlugin
> Ability to build and debug with the VM is your first goal.   Having
> a debug VM handy when you work with other plugins is
> also very helpful.
>
> To build the plugin you need then to unzip the xcodeproj.zip and use
> VMMaker to build the files, then start compiling
> and resolve aliases to the squeak vm support files.
>
> On Jan 25, 2008, at 7:08 AM, Mathieu Suen wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Dose anyone know how to compile the OSProcessPlugin for the MacOS
>> platform?
>> Or a more general question is how to build plugin on MacOS?
>> I see that in each plugin folder there is  a *xcodeproj.zip file.
>> How should I use it?
>>
>> Thx
>> 	Mth
>>

> --