[Vm-dev] <translate: false>?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Sep 16 18:05:42 UTC 2009

Hi -

I haven't been following all this stuff but do we nowadays have some
pragma/annotation that actually prevents the code generator to translate
a particular method? The reason I'm asking is that it would be quite
helpful if one could augment a plugin with utility functions that map to
standard (or included) C functions along the lines of:

MyPlugin>>strlen: strPtr
   "Simulated function strlen(). Not translated."
   <translate: false>
   ^strPtr indexOf: 0 asCharacter ifAbsent:[self error: 'core dump'].

Cheers,
   - Andreas