[squeak-dev] Re: [Vm-dev] Bug in writing compressed stream when saving an mcz (was: New Cog VMs available...)

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat Jul 19 01:42:15 UTC 2014

The *plugin* is fixed and can be provided as a fix for current vms. No need to require entire new vms. It's what the plugin idea was invented for... So long as we haven't broken the functionality since  '99 or whenever it was that Andreas & I added it.

Looks like we have several avenues for fixes;
an image update that removes the problematic change pro tem
A plugin solus patch that makes the image as-is Just Work
Maybe the plugin and some image code to detect it, use it if possible, alternative st code otherwise?
And of course, replacement vms.

Hopefully it is not beyond our collective wit to make an update that fetches the correct plugin and installs it.

/tim
{insert witticism here}