[Vm-dev] Rebuilding configure script for linux vm

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Oct 31 23:20:48 UTC 2016

>> On 27-10-2016, at 4:02 PM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
>> But ion the short term,
>> 1) fix the path in platforms/unix/plugins/UnicodePlugin/acinclude.m4, commit and push

Done and appears to be correct in the repository.

>> 2) ask someone who has a system that will rebuild configure to do so, and wait for them to do so and commit and push

Please rebuild configure, somebody. Pretty please?

>> 3) try again with the revised configure script

I did manage to build a working version by hacking the configure and makefile directly. Which is awful, appalling, dangerous, risky, unwise, unpleasant, wrong, foolish and probably unlawful. But it worked.

Next question - does anyone have objections to adding the ScratchPlugin and UnicodePlugin to the general builds for x86 (and whatever other) builds? I’d suggest external plugins to make it easier to leave them out of any distributions.

tim
Watch out for off-by-one errorss.