[Vm-dev] Extended Clipboard

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 16:58:27 UTC 2023

Hi All,

   now thanks to Hilaire's advocacy and David's work we have a plugin that
loads and runs on Unix.  There's of course more to do before we're finished:

a) sqPasteboardClear needs to be implemented
b) ideally the memory management contract between sqUnixExtendedClipboard.c
and clipboardGetTypeNames (implemented in
platforms/unix/vm-display-X11/sqUnixX11.c) can be d=fixed.  See my comment
at line 45 of sqUnixExtendedClipboard.c
c) the image-level ExtendedClipboardUnixInterface code needs implementing,
using the Mac & WIndows siblings as a guide, and seeing what Firefox &
Chrome do when pasting images and HTML text, and what happens when one
copies filenames in the desktop file manager

--
best, Eliot