[Webteam] Suggestion+for+Squeak+Website

Joe Blask omikronos at msn.com
Tue Dec 20 06:28:09 CET 2005

Dear website maintainer:

  I have been downloading packages into my Squeak image with the package
manager for Squeak 3.8 running on Windows XP.

  It appears that there may be some kind of virus in the packages that affects
the compression primatives.  After downloading a couple of packages, the program
complains that it cannot find the end-of-data markers in the compressed files.
Later, things get hung up in the debugger.  The primatives from zlib are always
affected.

  I have scanned my computer viruses with Norton Anti-Virus and Spy-Sweeper,
but, to them, my system appears clean.  I may need to do something else,
but I do not know what at this time.

  Please check into this for me.

  Sincerely,

  == Joe Blask ==