[Webteam] Notes about squeak.org

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at laposte.net
Wed Nov 2 20:45:55 CET 2005

Hi,

here is somes notes about the www.squeak.org website:

- In the Smalltalk web page, it could be interesting to discuss about
how much squeak is compatible with the smalltalk standards. Are there
people working on it ? What remains to be done ? Is it a goal for squeak
to be fully compatible ?

- On the same page, there is a note : "Classes inherits (reuse code) via
single inheritance". The phrase "reuse code" is not correct in my opinion
because inheritance is not used to reuse code. I propose to remove this
phrase and let the sentence as : "Classes inherits via single inheritance".

- In the screenshots webpage, when thumbnails are clicked, some pictures
displays on the current page and some as a pop-up. Why not standardizing
this behavior ?

- Is squeak in active development ? It is not obvious on the first page.
It could
be interesting to have some news (some ideas follow), to have the
release date,
a direct link to the current development version and its date too.

Some ideas to put in the news:

- what are the developers currently doing
- packages on squeakmap (updates and new interesting packages)
- the weekly squeak
- new squeak versions (release and development) with information
about what has changed.

What do you think about this ?

--
Damien