[Webteam] squeakfr.org hosting ?

karl karl.ramberg at chello.se
Sun Nov 27 19:33:23 CET 2005

Samir Saidani wrote:

>Hi !
>
>I'm currently setting up the squeakfr.org and would like to know if
>there is any chance to get hosting from the guys administrating the
>current squeak.org machine. This website - squeakfr.org - is intended
>to present squeak and provide documentations for french-speaking
>people not fluent in english.
>
>Moreover, is it possible to base squeakfr on the current squeak.org
>image ? It seems that the webteam uses a stable image which is not
>presently shared through squeaksource. Since I'm currently maintaining
>SW1, I would like to collect this "stable" branche, and rename the old
>branche as "unstable" since I didn't manage to get it stable. I'm also
>working on including the internationalization work from Alexander, and
>would like to work on this stable image. I can put the stable source
>code into squeaksource, if someone could kindly send me a link to the
>squeak.org image.
>
>Thanks at all !

Here is the mail Lukas sent to the list.
There are quite a few other changes made to the image and stylescript.
But the image seems stable :-)
karl

The image we are using for www.seaside.st is now available at:

    http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/sw1/www.seaside.st.zip

There are a couple of things to notice:

1. We were using an old version of SmallWiki 1 and we did some  changes
that you can see in the open changes-browser.

2. The wiki is running on port 8080, so you should be able to browse  it
on your local machine at http://localhost:8080, the admin username/
password is admin/smallwiki.

3. We added a snapshot action so that editors are able to save the
image immediately after changing the model. There seems to be  problems
with the class Delay in Squeak, on wich the storage is  heavily relying
on, so it is a good idea to use the action to save it  manually.

4. The model of www.seaside.st is still in the image, but I pruned  the
version history to shrink it. To start from scratch, you just  stop the
server, close the server-workspace and setup a new one  according to
lines in the smallwiki-workspace.

5. We run this image within a VNC session (NOT the VNC integrated  into
Squeak itself) to have full control, and it runs without any  problems
since the start of www.seaside.st.

Hope this is of any use for you,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
netstyle.ch GmbH, Dählhölzliweg 18, CH-3005 Bern
http://www.netstyle.ch  mailto:info at netstyle.ch