[Webteam] Re: mac carbon 3.8.11b5U

karl karl.ramberg at chello.se
Sun Apr 9 21:02:40 UTC 2006

Ken Causey skrev:
> Since there has been no response (apparently) from the website team to
> this request I went ahead and took care of it.

This has slipped by me, sorry.
> Website team:  I updated and snapshotted both the test and main site.
> I'm not sure of the correct procedure here so I tried to dot all the i's
> and cross all the t's, so to speak.  I understood that the website team
> was accepting responsibility for requests to update the contents of the
> FTP site.  Is this not the case?  Are you all asleep?

Thanks, for doing this Ken.
The website team and the ftp team joined up some time ago, but no clear
responsibilities were
carved in stone, it's all up in the air. I guess...
> Bruce: I understand not having time.  But perhaps you could find some
> time in the coming weeks to find at least one or two persons who can
> manage the FTP site as diligently as you have in the past?  If the
> website team does not have an interest in responding to these sorts of
> requests with greater alacrity, then I would be willing to take this on
> as part of the box-admins team.  However, that rather complicates the
> issue since the major changes to the FTP site also require changes to
> the downloads section (if not other pages) of the website, which is
> under the website team's purview.

Clearly there is a bit of lag here from my part and I been thinking
about stepping down as team lead
because of lack of time and urge to drive these issues.
Karl