[Webteam] test image

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Tue Feb 21 22:15:42 UTC 2006

karl wrote:
> Brad Fuller skrev:
>> Jason Rogers wrote:
>>
>>> The feeds are really wreaking havoc in the test site.
>>>
>>> I don't recall who signed up for doing feeds (Brad?) but here is
>>> some feedback:
>>>
>>> (1) The page takes a long time to come up -- I thought we had lost a
>>> lot of content on the test site until I realized that it was fetching
>>> feeds to display.
>>>
>>> (2) I think the CSS must be messed up (see attachment)
>>>
>>> (3) When a feed errors out, we show the error -- obviously not good.
>>>
>> not good, but when I go there it's not a problem.
>>
>> I didn't sign up for it (did i????) someone asked how the feeds could
>> work and I put in an example.
>> I'll take it out.
>> Goran doesn't like it anyway and he is in charge of the front page ;-)
>>
>> brad
> It was a nice test. I think we should explore further, and the news
> team shows interest to do something.
I like the feed idea, myself.  We can somewhat control what it looks
like on the frontpage. I think just a list of the top news items and a
link to the "news" feed location is all we need.  The news team would
need to create an RSS feed that contains fresh news. I enjoy that the
ones responsible for what is "news" and what's "important news" can be
in charge.

I don't think Goran was against having a feed, he just didn't like it at
the top center... at least, I think that's what he said. Goran?