[Webteam] test image

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Tue Feb 21 21:54:06 UTC 2006

Hi guys!

Brad Fuller <brad at sonaural.com> wrote:
[SNIP]
> >> I didn't sign up for it (did i????) someone asked how the feeds could
> >> work and I put in an example.
> >> I'll take it out.
> >> Goran doesn't like it anyway and he is in charge of the front page ;-)

Well, I am not against having a news section there - I just didn't like
the way it looked. :)
If we use a feed like the experiment did then the "news" are really...
not news. Like new mcz's being released etc - it just felt wrong to have
that stuff right at the top.

But having "real" news items on top - like about the election etc, would
be a different thing.

> >> brad
> > It was a nice test. I think we should explore further, and the news
> > team shows interest to do something.
> I like the feed idea, myself.  We can somewhat control what it looks
> like on the frontpage. I think just a list of the top news items and a
> link to the "news" feed location is all we need.  The news team would
> need to create an RSS feed that contains fresh news. I enjoy that the
> ones responsible for what is "news" and what's "important news" can be
> in charge.
>
> I don't think Goran was against having a feed, he just didn't like it at
> the top center... at least, I think that's what he said. Goran?

Well, "top center" is ok - if it's "Real News" and less than about 5
items - hopefully a oneliner per item or so.

And sure, a feed or not isn't the question - if we can hack it using a
dedicated TWS feed, then by all means.

regards, Göran