[Webteam] Frontpage fixed etc

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Wed Jan 4 07:08:59 CET 2006

Hi Karl and everybody!

karl <karl.ramberg at chello.se> wrote:
> goran at krampe.se wrote:
>
> >Hi folks!
> >
> >Ok, now I have fixed the frontpage on both www.squeak.org and wwwtest
> >according to what I think we agreed on - plus or minus a few details.
> >This is now the reworked shorter version that has been sitting on
> >wwwtest for a while - I think it is better. I also fixed incorrect URLs
> >on a few pages and made sure to change both wwwtest and www.squeak.org.
>
> Looks really good.

Goodie. :)

> >I will try to find the time to look over the other pages I own later
> >this month.
> >
> >I kinda jumped the "procedure" here (Needs Approval etc) but it felt
> >like changes we have agreed on - and small URL changes that doesn't need
> >approval. Btw, Karl - could you (shortly) describe the procedure you
> >would like for us to use?
> >

> I think stuff we agree on on this list can be updated by the page owner
> without having
> me to approve it. (less top down administration)
> New pages and content should be discussed on this list and added to
> 'needs approval'
> I'll monitor at the 'needs approval' site and do updates etc.
>
> Sounds ok ?

Very much so. This means we don't need to create a mantis issue? I
always felt it was a bit of "process overkill" as long as we communicate
on this list when we modify the Needs Approval page - that ought to be
enough IMHO. :)

regards, Göran

PS. As per the announcement yesterday (I am stepping down from the SqF
board) I should hopefully get a bit more time to spend on the teams I
participate in, which means I should be able to spruce up my pages a
bit. I also think we should "test drive" the "download and install"
procedure and improve those pages. But anyway, more on that later. :)