[Webteam] 2nd Draft of About section

Larry Trutter stargazerzero at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 4 18:23:20 UTC 2007

>From: Brad Fuller <brad at bradfuller.com>
>To: Larry Trutter <stargazerzero at hotmail.com>
>CC: webteam at lists.squeakfoundation.org
>Subject: Re: [Webteam] 2nd Draft of About section
>Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 12:12:39 -0800
>
>Larry Trutter wrote:
>>The latest version of the draft is now at http://wwwtest.squeak.org/About/
>>.
>>All the links are there and tested. Feel free to double-check.
>>

>>Let me know if any more improvements are needed!
>
>---
>Philosophy
>
>I think this statement:
>
>"The fundamental philosophy of Squeak is to write everything in Smalltalk"
>
>Is a developer's reaction to a more fundamental philosophical position:
>
>"Smalltalk allows users authoring and access to all things."
>
>The more basic smalltalk philosophy would be better here rather than a
>developer's perspective. I could amplify on this, if you'd like.

I replaced the paragraph with someting more basic. If this is not what you
had in mind, please feel free to toss it out and  replace it.

>---
>Squeak Support

I tossed out the whole section. It seems, to me, that it is written in an
era before open source became popular. With that in mind, I created a very
brief statement which directs the reader to the community how-to page.

All other corrections/modifications are made and the test "About" page is
updated.

-Larry Trutter