[Webteam] 2nd Draft of About section

Larry Trutter stargazerzero at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 9 03:18:43 UTC 2007

>From: Brad Fuller <brad at bradfuller.com>
>To: webteam at lists.squeakfoundation.org
>Subject: Re: [Webteam] 2nd Draft of About section
>Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 08:04:14 -0800
>
>Göran Krampe wrote:
>>- I was more wondering why "my" text was not being reused in the About
>>page, since it in many parts was an improved version of the original
>>Dan-text.
>
>The goal was to take the front page text and appropriately add it/merge it
>to the "About" page. That is tough because both had great text but in
>different formats.

I agree since the entire task is tougher than I anticipated.

I made an attempt to merge Goran's text with the older text while trying to
not lose the important points about Squeak. Hopefully, my perception of
Squeak's important points didn't deviate much from everyone else's.

Also, I simplified the Platform support paragraph.

And I moved the "Squeak runs bit-identical" paragraph back to "What's Cool"
section about Squeak because that is still cool! :)

Check out http://wwwtest.squeak.org/About/ .  Hopefully, I didn't make
things worse.

-Larry Trutter