[Webteam] 2nd Draft of About section

Brad Fuller brad at bradfuller.com
Sun Feb 11 01:38:56 UTC 2007

Looks good. A few comments:

These could be merge, or better, the first sentence can be removed.
---

Squeak is used as a tool for research on how computers can enhance and
amplify learning; specifically, work in using computers to find new ways
to reach children with powerful ideas of math and science.

Squeak is used to enhance and amplify learning by utilizing new ways to
teach children powerful ideas about math and science. One successful
environment, Etoys <http://www.squeakland.org/whatis/tutorials.html>,
enables children to learn by building, playing and simulating the
physical world. Etoys extends the experience via a simple and powerful
user interface that allows children to author and access everything
around them.
----
add "the"

or the creation of advanced dynamic web sites using the highly

---

The only problem with this is that "image" has not been defined yet.

"Squeak runs bit-identical images across it"

---

Maybe change:
All of this has attracted many of the best and most experienced
Smalltalk programmers and implementers in the world.
Their work has attracted many of the best and most experienced Smalltalk
programmers and implementers in the world.

---

Change:
Smalltalk is invented to
Smalltalk was invented to implement the Dynabook
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynabook> and was conceived

However, I don't think this is necessarily true. I realize Alan had
dynabook in mind, but I don't know if Smalltalk was invented for the
dynabook.

----

Should we add licensing info here? I'm wondering if we should leave it
out. It is changing and if people need to read the license, they can do
so by taking the link on the left side of the site. That way we don't
have to update the license info in several places.

What do others think?

--
brad fuller
www.bradfuller.com