[Webteam] 2nd Draft of About section

Larry Trutter stargazerzero at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 11 20:12:59 UTC 2007

>From: Brad Fuller <brad at bradfuller.com>
>To: Larry Trutter <stargazerzero at hotmail.com>
>CC: webteam at lists.squeakfoundation.org
>Subject: Re: [Webteam] 2nd Draft of About section
>Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 17:38:56 -0800
>
>Looks good. A few comments:
>
>The only problem with this is that "image" has not been defined yet.
>
>"Squeak runs bit-identical images across it"

I linked the word "images" to a definition of image in the Squeak swiki:
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2213

>Change:
>Smalltalk is invented to
>Smalltalk was invented to implement the Dynabook
><http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynabook> and was conceived
>
>However, I don't think this is necessarily true. I realize Alan had
>dynabook in mind, but I don't know if Smalltalk was invented for the
>dynabook.

It was an unsuccessful attempt to transition to the Dynabook paragraph. So I
got rid of "Smalltalk was.." part of the sentence.

>Should we add licensing info here? I'm wondering if we should leave it out.
>It is changing and if people need to read the license, they can do so by
>taking the link on the left side of the site. That way we don't have to
>update the license info in several places.
>
>What do others think?

I agree that it should be taken out.  Do others agree?

thanks,
Larry Trutter