[Webteam] Need comments/approval for About page

Brad Fuller brad at bradfuller.com
Sun Feb 18 17:30:26 UTC 2007

Larry Trutter wrote:
> The Squeak license sections has been removed.
>
> Please check out the test site About page:
> http://wwwtest.squeak.org/About/
>
> Any more suggestions? Is it ready to go "live" yet?
Looks really good.
Before you copy it to the main site (well.. that's my vote anyway) I
have comments:

---
Is there a way to open a new window where links go off the squeak.org
site? That would be preferable for links for Ruby, Python, etc, to keep
people at the squeak site. I don't know how to do that in SmallWiki,
though, except use html.

---
(I thought that Squeak was Smalltalk-80 compliant. I didn't know it was
"mostly".)

I suggest to not link "language" to the "Smalltalk" page. When I took
the link, I thought I was going to learn Squeak's implementation of
Smalltalk. That's how the sentence reads to me.

--
Could it be:
BitBlt <http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/189>  and WarpBlt an extension of

---
remove "s" from developments

"Every release includes the complete source code for everything,
including developments tools."

---
This is a better link for "image":

 http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/1053

for the sentence:
"Squeak runs bit-identical images across"