[Webteam] Need comments/approval for About page

Larry Trutter stargazerzero at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 20 01:45:52 UTC 2007

>From: Brad Fuller <brad at bradfuller.com>
>To: webteam at lists.squeakfoundation.org
>Subject: Re: [Webteam] Need comments/approval for About page
>Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 09:30:26 -0800
>
>Larry Trutter wrote:
>>The Squeak license sections has been removed.
>>
>>Please check out the test site About page:
>>http://wwwtest.squeak.org/About/
>>
>>Any more suggestions? Is it ready to go "live" yet?
>Looks really good.
>Before you copy it to the main site (well.. that's my vote anyway) I have
>comments:
>
>---
>Is there a way to open a new window where links go off the squeak.org site?
>That would be preferable for links for Ruby, Python, etc, to keep people at
>the squeak site. I don't know how to do that in SmallWiki, though, except
>use html.

Well, if the intent is to keep the people at the squeak site, I think the
simplest thing would be to remove the links. After all, there's nothing to
keep them from googling Ruby and Python. Will that be a workable solution?

>---
>(I thought that Squeak was Smalltalk-80 compliant. I didn't know it was
>"mostly".)

Yes, Goran's original word was "largely". I thought "mostly" might read
better.

>I suggest to not link "language" to the "Smalltalk" page. When I took the
>link, I thought I was going to learn Squeak's implementation of Smalltalk.
>That's how the sentence reads to me.

Also, there is a link to "Smalltalk" page on the left side so I went ahead
and removed that link.

thanks,
Larry Trutter