[Webteam] Working on backup solution, can you do some cleanup?

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Tue May 8 00:18:52 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-05-06 at 18:34 -0400, Jason Rogers wrote:
> There should be a directory of backups.  Perhaps they need to be done
> less often now, and not hang around so much.

Or...

You continue to make daily backups and we have a cron job that does
something like: delete all existing backups that are not either less
than 7 days old, recorded on a Monday and are less than 90 days old, or
recorded on the 1st Monday of the month.

This would keep the last 7 days of backups, one backup from every week
for the next 83 days, and one backup a month for any earlier time.

> Otherwise I am not sure
> what's there.  I will try to log on to the machine when I get home
> tomorrow night (Monday, May 7, -05:00 GMT) and see what's there and
> what can be removed.

That would be great, thanks.

Ken