[Webteam] Suggestion for Squeak Website

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Tue Nov 27 20:15:53 UTC 2007

I don't think the current text

"Please see http://netjam.org/squeak/contributors for current
contributor information, as well as the contributor agreement (including
details about where to send it)."

However I think it is mistargetted.  How many people are going to be
looking for a list of contributors?  Instead I think you should target
anyone reading this who thinks they have contributed to Squeak and does
not remember having sent in a signed agreement and encourage them to
check if they have and if not then do so.  Secondarily then point out
that if they have a moment they might want to look through the
contributors list for anyone they know who is either not completely
identified or who has not yet sent in their agreement.

Rough attempt:

"Have you contributed source to Squeak (prior to some date?)?  If you
believe you have but have not sent in an agreement to allow your
submission(s) to be licensed under the MIT license then please see
http://netjam.org/squeak/contributors .  There you can find a list of
known contributors and a PDF of the agreement with instructions.

Also there are a few people for which we are lacking full contact
information.  If you think you can help please also visit the link above
and see if you can identify any of the unknown developer initials or any
of the developers for whom we do not have a current email address."

Ken