[Webteam] new squeak.org deployed on box3

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Thu Nov 8 17:25:42 UTC 2012

> On 2012-11-08 11:30 AM, Herbert König wrote:
>> Hi Chris,
>>
>> just a quickie: I don't run my browser fullscreen and the content is
>> not centred. So I have to scroll left to see the whole contents.
> OK, I'll look into that.
>>
>> Otherwise quick response, clear (minimalistic) design which I
>> theoretically should prefer but my conservativism says No. Ask me
>> again when I've seen it many times :-)) The German word for that part
>> of me is "Gewohnheitstier" (creature of habit??)
>>
> Well, yea. It's minimal. I've added the essential content, the links
> from the original site. And then I spent time with the CSS so the
> content is framed properly. It's quite minimal.
> I imagine it needs a paragraph of explanatory text on each page.
> Without, I'd agree it does look a bit bare.
> At the same time, though; while the old site looked proper and full,
> it was also unclear. It was a messy map built up over years.
>
> Gewohnheitstier, eh. What do you think should be added that's missing?

Some more colour, a less light blue. A non serif font  because a
computer screen renders badly. Left navigation is blue on light blue
which is hard to read. I dislike the light blue. External links clearly
separated from internal links. The old design was more structured
through the blue background of the headlines. Modern people unlike me
want small text blocks. Not necessary less text but visually separated
so people believe its small bits of text.

That said, I think a professional should look into fonts and colours. I
definitely am not qualified.

Sorry for German politeness :-))

Herbert