[Webteam] new squeak.org deployed on box3

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 16:38:56 UTC 2012

On 2012-11-08 11:30 AM, Herbert König wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> just a quickie: I don't run my browser fullscreen and the content is
> not centred. So I have to scroll left to see the whole contents.
OK, I'll look into that.

> Otherwise quick response, clear (minimalistic) design which I
> theoretically should prefer but my conservativism says No. Ask me
> again when I've seen it many times :-)) The German word for that part
> of me is "Gewohnheitstier" (creature of habit??)

Well, yea. It's minimal. I've added the essential content, the links
from the original site. And then I spent time with the CSS so the
content is framed properly. It's quite minimal.
I imagine it needs a paragraph of explanatory text on each page.
Without, I'd agree it does look a bit bare.
At the same time, though; while the old site looked proper and full, it
was also unclear. It was a messy map built up over years.

Gewohnheitstier, eh. What do you think should be added that's missing?
> Everything I clicked on works. Nice work, thanks!!

Thank you. :)

Chris