[Webteam] Altitude passes a week

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 16:44:15 UTC 2012

On 2012-11-19 9:52 AM, Herbert König wrote:
> Am 19.11.2012 14:20, schrieb Chris Cunnington:
>> There are 168 hours in a week and the box3 Altitude has been up
>> continuously for 189 hours. So, the problems I have had with it
>> sometimes haven't been around for a while.
>>

> Hi,
>
> I gave it a few clicks so it at least sees some traffic. Then I tried
> to wget it that went very slow (I'm friendly when I wget and use a
> random delay 10). Seems wget doesn't know when a file is complete.
That's interesting.
> The downloads don't work. Maybe the problem is in front of my computer
> and doesn't know enough about wget.

I'm not sure what you mean by downloads. Just downloading a page, you
mean? Because it doesn't know when a page is complete. There's only one
download link on the site and it works OK for me.
> I wrote a selnium test and ran it a few times. I can offer to run it
> on a few computers concurrently when it's convenient for you.

That sounds great. Thanks for testing.
> Did you do some load tests or longer continuous tests?

Not so far. I just deployed and monitored its resource consumption on
box3 to ensure it didn't start hogging CPU, memory, etc.