Rebuilding with latest wx?

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Fri Apr 15 07:47:05 UTC 2005

Hi all (well... both of you, it seems ;))

The biggest issue that we have right now is that the wait cursor thingy
doesn't show up. We had a usability lab yesterday (the first one, small
scale, but you have to start somewhere) and this was quite a major issue.

As this seems to be a wx problem, I'm tempted to try and recompile a later
wx version. I haven't tracked wx closely (well... not at all, actually),
so my question is: would that be a feasible job?

Apart from that, the app is holding up pretty well. Lots of notes from the
usability lab, of course, but it looks stable enough for production use.
The only other issue I'm currently aware of is that when you set a new
image in a tree, it doesn't get updated (minor stuff, really, but feedback
is oh so important - this app is going to be used by people interested in
national history, which means the users are bound to be elderly men with
marginal PC experience...)