WxSqueak 0.4rc First Impressions

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Wed Feb 23 00:25:49 UTC 2005

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 19:09:24 -0500, Steven Swerling <sswerling at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Rob Gayvert wrote:
>
> Off topic: I like your "Presenter" architecture. Clean.

It's very much on topic because:
a) I think the tools should provide clean examples of how UI's 'should' be
developed with wxSqueak
b) They provide a good basis for a ToolBuilder port, something still on my
todo list.
(the only drawback is that I think the classes should get prefixed names,
they stand a reasonable chance of conflicting as they are).

> The menu's #appendItem: method can assign an id number and keep a
> private dispatch dictionary mapping id numbers to WxMenuItems. That way
> you don't need all those "self onMenu: 301 send: #onMenu301To303:"
> commands.

+1. The juggling of integers disturbed me as well, but not enough yet to
build a general solution for it...

I'll try to load our stuff into a 0.4 image ASAP...