Presenter architecture

Rob Gayvert rtg at rochester.rr.com
Wed Feb 23 01:35:42 UTC 2005

Cees de Groot wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 19:09:24 -0500, Steven Swerling
> <sswerling at yahoo.com>  wrote:
>
>> Rob Gayvert wrote:
>>
>> Off topic: I like your "Presenter" architecture. Clean.
>
> It's very much on topic because:
> a) I think the tools should provide clean examples of how UI's
> 'should' be  developed with wxSqueak
> b) They provide a good basis for a ToolBuilder port, something still
> on my  todo list.
> (the only drawback is that I think the classes should get prefixed
> names,  they stand a reasonable chance of conflicting as they are).

Agreed on both counts. I haven't done anything at all with the tools for
0.4, but I should at least rename them to be consistent. All the other
classes I've introduced are Wx-prefixed, so these should be as well.

Any news on the UIManager front? I just went through all of the hacks I
added to the system classes to make the wx-tools work. What a mess.