Smalltalk Solutions: Just wondering how the wxSqueak talk went

Rob Gayvert rtg at rochester.rr.com
Sun Jul 10 13:37:59 UTC 2005

The turnout for the conference was on the low side, and not much on
Squeak this year. John McIntosh headed up a BOF on Squeak/Tweak, and
maybe a dozen or so people showed up. Most folks were from the VW and VA
worlds (IBM had a couple of awkward presentations on their "transition"
strategy). Still, it was fun, and good to swap stories with other
Smalltalkers.

The talk was rather uneventful. James Robertson did a good job (except
for the horrible picture) of capturing much of it on his blog at

http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/blog/blogView?showComments=true&entry=3297432998

I had a chat with Eliot Miranda from Cincom afterwards. He was very
complimentary, and had some good questions about the handling of
callbacks and constants. They're dealing with similar issues with their
new GUI direction (Pollack/Chagall), and also with their work embedding
ObjectStudio in VW.

Other people I talked with had positive things to say, but nobody was
ready to port their apps yet ;)