XRC-related question

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 13:56:51 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have an XRC file (attached) created with wxGlade. There are two
issues with this I cannot seem to solve... Here's what I do with the
XRC:

DGVMessageDialogMetVinkjePresenter >>view
	| res |
	view ifNil: [
		res := WxXmlResource new.
		res initAllHandlers.
		res loadFromString: self class resourceText.
		view := res loadObject: nil name: 'dialog_1' className: 'wxDialog'.
		res destroy].
	^view

DGVMessageDialogMetVinkjePresenter >>connectView
	| messageField  |
	messageField _ self view findWindowByName: 'message'.
	messageField setLabel: 'this is a test. It is a bit longer than a
single line, so we can check whether this is really a good idea,
you know the painting and stuff...'.

	okButton _ self view findWindowByName: 'okButton'.
	okButton on: #wxEvtCommandButtonClicked send: #okButtonClicked: to: self.

	self view getSizer setSizeHints: self view

Test code:
dlg _ DGVMessageDialogMetVinkjePresenter new.
dlg connectView.
dlg view showModal

Two things don't really work out right. In wxGlade, on the sizer
there's a button "fit parent". It will resize the dialog according to
whatever label you've set on the message field. If tried different
things here (the #setSizeHints: being the last attempt), but I cannot
seem to get the dialog to resize around the text. Further, my
#okButtonClicked: never triggers....

Is there anything I'm missing? Generally or XRC related? This is my
first attempt at using XRC, being fed up with creating handcoded
#createView methods :)

TIA,

Cees