XRC-related question

Rob Gayvert rtg at rochester.rr.com
Wed Jul 27 17:45:07 UTC 2005

Cees De Groot wrote:

>On 7/27/05, Rob Gayvert <rtg at rochester.rr.com> wrote:
>

>>The last argument should be a string ('DGVPluggableList'), but the
>>wrapper converts it anyway, so it's not really a problem.
>>

>I know. I like a classname better because of the compiler check.

Good point. But I may remove the #asString coercions in the wrappers at
some point (they
may cause more problems than they fix), so you might want to use
something like
"DGVPluggableList asString" instead.

>>What does your XRC look like? Does it have a "subclass" attribute? If
>>so, try removing it -- I think a subclass attribute requires a subclass factory.
>>

>Removing it gets rid of the error, but the element is loaded as a
>WxListCtrl while I want a DGVPluggableList (ergo, a subclass...)

So does your XRC look like
    <object class="WxListCtrl " name="dialog_1">
or
    <object class="DGVPluggableList " name="dialog_1">

I would think the latter would result in your custom handler being called.