Some performance notes

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Tue Mar 1 15:07:22 UTC 2005

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 20:28:43 -0500, Steven Swerling <sswerling at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Yeah. The fact that I can build the same sources with gcc and msvc, and
> the gcc version is twice as fast (bytecodes/sec), that's encouraging.

Personally, but I'm not an expert, I find it hard to believe that MSVC
produces code that's so crappy that gcc breezes past it by a factor of 2.
So assuming that Rob prefers to live in VisualStudio land, I think it
might be useful maybe to ask around on squeak-dev to see whether anyone
knows what the best MSC options are - there must be something obvious
that's missing...