File WxSqueak Into A Stock Squeak Image

Rob Gayvert rtg at rochester.rr.com
Thu Mar 24 02:09:43 UTC 2005

Steven Swerling wrote:

> Attached is a little tool that will help you file in WxSqueak into a
> stock squeak image. I tried it on various 3.7, 3.8, and 3.9 images,
> and into a Tweak 3.8 image I had lying around. WxMorphic can also be
> run in these images with a small fix.
>
> One glitch, my initialization routines initialize 2691 contants in
> WxConstants, but there are 2703 members in my stock wx image. However,
> I haven't tracked down what those missing 12 constants are or where
> they are getting set. So there are 12 little bombs waiting to go off
> until I diff the real WxConstants from the one I generate and track
> down those constants.
>
> Other than that, it works. Make sure to follow the instructions in the
> readme file carefully. All of the steps to file in WX can be put in a
> SAR file, but for now, just follow the instructions.

I like the way this eliminates the huge chunk of the filein that loads
WxConstants.  The missing constants may not be a problem. I think there
are about a dozen or so constants that are in the map file but don't get
loaded because they're not available on the Mac (e.g., joystick constants).

One other small detail: I moved the WxControlsSampleIds into a shared
pool, so you can take this out of the protoBase.