proposed change for deferred events

Steven Swerling sswerling at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 24 18:46:32 UTC 2005

Hi,

I tweaked the deferred events logic so that deferred events do not
require their own process. In addition to having one less process, I
think this logic eliminates the possibility of competition between sync
events and deferred events for callback access and thus the reduces the
likelyhood of maxing out the callback stack.

I've been running WxMorphic w/ all of the mouse and key events handled
as deferred events, w/ lots of windows open, and it works fine, so I
think it's pretty solid.

If you have time, take a gander at the attached changeset, it makes a
small change to WxEvtHandler.

Regards,
Steve S.