Reusing notebook pages?

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Wed Mar 30 15:57:43 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have a UI with a tree on the left and depending on what's clicked on the
right, any number of notebook pages with various widgets depending on the
kind of item clicked on in the tree.

At the moment, I send #deleteAllPages to the notebook and recreate
everything with every click on the tree. As I have some items with fairly
complex UI's and quite a bit of data, this takes too much time.

What is a good way to make sure that view creation is done only once per
different notebook page?

(I'm clueless about caching views with wxWindows. All I can come up with
is to create all notebook pages and selectively hide/display, but this
seems like a maintenance headache...).