Impossible crashes

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Mon Jan 16 22:51:56 UTC 2006

Rob Gayvert wrote:
> That sounds like a great idea. It looks like this can be accomplished in
> the Windows VM using a couple of simple calls to VirtualProtect(). Is
> that right? If so, I could slip this in as a debugging option.

Correct. You also need an exception handler that logs the relevant
information and proceeds (!) because otherwise some legitimate accesses
might be blocked (sockets, files etc). And you need to check with
sqWin32Memory.c to see that there is no conflict in the access modes.
(when I did it I changed it right alongside that code which might be an
option if you have a tailored VM)

Cheers,
   - Andreas