[Newbies] how do I get Seaside up on my Squeak?

Alistair Cockburn acockburn at aol.com
Thu Oct 11 03:12:13 UTC 2007

It seems none of the tutorials start far enough at the back for me...

Lukas Renggli wrote me:
<<
I suggest that you start with the Squeak-Dev image of Damien.

    http://damien.cassou.free.fr/squeak-dev/

Open -> Universe Browser -> Web Development -> Seaside

After evaluating "WAKom startOn: 8080" you should have running
Seaside on "http://localhost:8080/seaside".

I downloaded the file
        sq3.9-7067dev07.10.1.zip
from that site and unpacked it.
The package contains no "squeak.exe", only the image and the changes.

So I downloaded
        Squeak3.9-win32.zip
from somewhere else I found, and it contains a "squeak.exe"

I can open the .exe file, but I don't know how to get it to use Damien's
image.

Actually, I can't follow Lukas' next instructions, because I have no idea
what
    Open -> Universe Browser -> Web Development -> Seaside
means. Are those classes inside Damien's image? or subdirectories somewhere
I can't find? or totally-obvious-to-someone-else shortcut descriptions of
commands?

I hope someone has the patience to help me through this.
p.s. I'm running Windows XP

thanks

Alistair Cockburn, Humans and Technology, Inc.
801.582.3162     1814 Ft Douglas Cir,  Salt Lake City, UT 84103
http://alistair.cockburn.us/   | acockburn at aol.com