[Newbies] Re: squeak 'wysiwyg' application?

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Sat Apr 12 21:59:33 UTC 2008

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 23:48:44 +0200, David Goldstrom wrote:

> Klaus,
>   Thanks for the suggestion.  I found Scamper and installed it, but how
> do you start it? I tried "Scamper open", start, etc... and "Do It" but
> no luck :-). I'm sure it's obvious, but I haven't quite got it yet.

It should register itself in the World menu (open->) and also in the tools
flap (drag it out).

> Thanks for pointing me to Sophie. I can navigate to the developers site
> and the latest sources for sophie, but then I find myself wondering
> which .mcz files to download and install?

I think that Sophie brings a lot of stuff in its dedicated .image, just
download it (linked from the homepage) for your platform. They have also
docs for the developer,

- http://dev.sophieproject.org/?q=book

> Any suggestions are much appreciated :-). Thanks again,
> David

You're welcome :)