[Newbies] custom halos

K. K. Subramaniam subbukk at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 16:44:16 UTC 2008

On Saturday 04 Oct 2008 10:55:28 am Aidan Gauland wrote:
> K. K. Subramaniam wrote:
> > For adding a new button called BBB, you need to
> >   1. add a halospec for addBBBHandle to Preferences class (see senders of
> > addScriptorHandle: for the list)
>
> How can I do (and undo) this programmatically?
I don't know of any simple way to do this. The specs are in a method, not in a
global variable. So you will have to recompile the method to add new specs.

> >   2. add wantsBBBHaloHandle to Morph (returning false)
> >   3. add method addBBBHandle to HaloMorph (see addScriptorHandle: for an
> > example).
> >   4. Add wantsBBBHaloHandle method (returning true) and a event handler
> > to your Morph
>
> What do you mean by "event handler", and how do I create one for this?
The part in addScriptHandle:
    .... on: #mouseUp send: #editButtonsScript to: innerTarget

#mouseUp is an event and editButtonsScript is a event handler. innerTarget is
the morph around which the halo appears. It should have a editButtonsScript
method to handle the event.

> > See senders and implementors of addScriptorHandle: for an example.
>
> There does not seem to be any such method.  Did you mean addScriptHandle:?
Yes. Sorry about the typo. I hope it didn't misdirect you for too long.

Subbu