[Newbies] custom halos

Aidan Gauland wgsilkie at ihug.co.nz
Sun Oct 5 22:24:22 UTC 2008

K. K. Subramaniam wrote:
> On Saturday 04 Oct 2008 10:55:28 am Aidan Gauland wrote:
>> K. K. Subramaniam wrote:
>>> For adding a new button called BBB, you need to
>>>   1. add a halospec for addBBBHandle to Preferences class (see senders of
>>> addScriptorHandle: for the list)
>> How can I do (and undo) this programmatically?
> I don't know of any simple way to do this. The specs are in a method, not in a
> global variable. So you will have to recompile the method to add new specs.

I think I might have found out how: run
PreferencesClass>>installHaloSpecsFromArray: passing it an array in the same
format as the one that Preferences class>>customHaloSpecs or
PreferencesClass>>classicHaloSpecs retruns.

This way, you can include halos in a package.  (I think, I don't know about
removing them later.)

Thanks for the pointers (or references, in Smalltalk).
  -Aidan