[Newbies] 24 hours expiration? PDF? Using Alias?

Cédrick Béler cdrick65 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 09:28:12 UTC 2010

> 3. I would like to create a pdf file. What is the best way to do it? I
> asked a question about where to find the SPDF library, but I didn't get an
> answer. Are there other options?

you got at leat 2 answers:

mine:
http://universes.dnsalias.net/universes/repositories/squeak-3.10/SPDF-1.0-021a.st.gz

and Stephan Eggermont one

"Hello Van.

Did you findt the page on creating pdfs from seaside?

http://www.seaside.st/documentation/pdfs

I've checked the link there. The download link doesn't work anymore
(the server is claimed to be down).
There is a version of SPDF in

http://www.squeaksource.com/Officious

The SPDF license is not MIT.

Stephan Eggermont"

> 4. I'm using an alias (Van Upboy) to access this list. What is common
> practice? Do ppl use their real names? The problem I have with that is that
> I don't like the idea that all these mailings will end up on the Internet
> with my name, so I rather not use it. The problem with an alias is that
> would rather use my real name, it is more personal.

This is a personnal choice :)
I used a pseudo first, then I changed to my real name. It's better for
visibility ... and I don't really care about giving personnal information
(btw. more "serious" if people ping your name to find preogramming mailing
thant facebook stuffs ;) )

> Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Cédrick