[Newbies] Browser Font

Tim Johnson tjohnson at iwu.edu
Mon Apr 4 20:21:36 UTC 2011

On Apr 1, 2011, at 12:22 PM, Levente Uzonyi wrote:

> Open the world menu (left click on the "desktop"), select 'appearance...', then in the submenu, select 'system fonts...'. Here you can set various fonts used by the system. You want to change the 'code font...' and probably list font, button font, menu font, window-title font and balloon-help font. Optionally halo label font. I guess the rest doesn't affect the appearance of the browser. Note that the full changes only take effect for newly opened browsers.

Weird thing.  Seems Test Runner turns fonts into italics.

To reproduce:  take a fresh 4.2 image and change your "list font" (the browser font mentioned here) to Accuny 10.  Then open a "Test Runner" and run a test (or don't).  Open or refresh a Browser window and notice that the list font is now italic.  Go to World menu>>Appearance...>>System fonts... and see that your list font is shown as Italic but if you look at it in the Font selector it's actually a "normal" style.

What got really weird when I first noticed this -- but I can't reproduce -- was when I opened "Test Runner" again, the font got italicized /again/.  So the font got doubly-italicized and even harder to read.

 - tim