[Newbies] Fill gradient on desktop / world

Tim Johnson tjohnson at iwu.edu
Sun Apr 17 16:37:27 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm in 4.2.  When I switch the desktop to a gradient fill, I get a dark gray-light gray ("graydient" ha).

On the same world menu, I have the option to "change first color" and "change second color."  These
bring up color requesters, but whichever colors I pick don't seem to change the gradient colors.

(see http://squeak.preeminent.org/bkgrnd/html/006.shtml -- supposedly the gradient colors are supposed to update in real-time?)

How can I change the gradient colors?

Also I just noticed that if I opt-click on the desktop, then opt-click on the red menu button, then regular (left) click on the new red menu button that pops up, I get a dNU.

thanks
tim